Monday, June 19, 2006

Snuggle Up!

Calling all needle artists! Beginning in July on a Sunday afternoon, Hands On Bay Area will start a new project in conjunction with The Snuggles Project. Join us to make small blankets and bring comfort to animals who live at the Peninsula Humane Association/SPCA. Please bring supplies including machine washable yarn. For more information on how to participate, visit here.

If you're not currently a member of Hands On Bay Area (it's free!), drop me an email; the address can be found on my knit blog. This project is good for folks who want to learn more about volunteering in their communities.

[cross-posted at Knit Together]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Posting to craigslist activity partners seemed only likely to result in acquiring a long string of bad knitting dates. (How DOES one stare awkwardly into their cuppa while pretending to ignore the signs that, clearly, this craft-based-friendship just isn't going to GO anywhere?!) So, I thought I'd try this. I am 28, a liberal democrat, in a serious relationship, a generally happy person, and a very experienced knitter. My likes include my tattoos, my dorky glasses, and my book collection. I'm a former art student, now a teacher. I've just moved to San Francisco, and this, girls, is not an easy place to make new friends. So, I am hoping you either want to create a new knitting group, or point me to an existing one, or invite me to join yours on a trial basis. (I promise to be well-behaved.) So, I'd appreciate any emails helping me to find people to knit with. ainsley78@gmail.com
Thanks!

Aenigma said...

Hi Ainsley,

I emailed you a lengthy reply with some referrals and other info. Let me know if you don't receive it (and check your spam folder too).