Friday, June 29, 2007

Apologies and South Bay info from Spinnity

I am terribly embarrased that I posted yesterday's personal blog entry on the Sorry Bay Area Knitters blog entry. So sorry! I am deleting my useless personal meme and replacing with some information about a couple knitting groups in the South Bay I am involved in.

I am the organizer of the Santa Clara County Knitting Meetup - we meet the first and third Wednesday of every month. First Wednesday: Knitting Arts in Saratoga. Third Wednesday at the Panera in Cupertino. All are welcome.

Another group I belong to is the Knitspiration Knitting Guild which meets the fist Monday of every month at Knitting Arts in Saratoga. We explore a topic at each meeting, educating each other and inviting speakers to help us learn and grow as knitters. The next few meetings are as follows:
  • July 16 - Knit a modular scarf... why not a red one? (Red scarves will be donated to the Red Scarf project
  • August 20 - Spinning demonstration. Group members who spin will bring wheels and spindles and fiber so everyone gets a hands on chance to spin
  • September 17 - Resize, reknit, recycle. Tips for resizing a finished knit, reusing yarn, and recycling sweaters into felted objects.
Again everyone is welcome at the guild meetings. $12 annual dues will give you access to our Yahoo! group and help defray the costs of teachers who come to present at guild meetings.

Finally, this is a list I have put together of South Bay knitting groups I know about. If you have updated information about any of these or information about other public knitting groups, please let me know at : spinnity-at-yahoo-com.

No comments: